Author Topic: [Answered] Lumion memory full  (Read 131 times)

Lloyd Harden

[Answered] Lumion memory full
« on: December 21, 2018, 10:58:00 am »
December 21, 2018, 10:58:00 am
When I upload a file to Lumion it takes 20 mins and that an alert appears and says that Lumion memory is full.

Re: Lumion memory full
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2018, 11:00:18 am »
December 21, 2018, 11:00:18 am
Sorry to hear that, LLoyd.

Please attach a Diagnostics Report to a post. Here's how:

Knowledge Base: How do you attach a Diagnostics Report to a post?

Thanks in advance.
IMPORTANT: Please do not send private messages and emails to members of staff - unless we specifically ask you to send us sensitive information, for example License Keys.

Lloyd Harden

Re: [Awaiting reply] Lumion memory full
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2018, 11:27:14 am »
December 21, 2018, 11:27:14 am
Thanks and please see attached what you requested.

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2018, 11:29:16 am »
December 21, 2018, 11:29:16 am
Thank you.

We'll take a look.
IMPORTANT: Please do not send private messages and emails to members of staff - unless we specifically ask you to send us sensitive information, for example License Keys.

Lloyd Harden

« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2018, 11:36:54 am »
December 21, 2018, 11:36:54 am
Thank you that much appreciated and also when opening Lumion it will only allow me to run the programme with my integrated graphics card and not with my high performance NVIDIA processor. If I try it with this it says Lumion is open however I can visible see it?
Sorry to be a pain but I really want to trial this software.
Lastly when I trialled Lumion 8 I was able to load a file that was over 100,000kb and this file is only 331,930kb as a sketch up model and 297,710kb as a dae file.

Please advise.

Thanks

Lloyd

« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2018, 11:46:09 am »
December 21, 2018, 11:46:09 am
Thanks for the additional information, Lloyd.

1. Regarding the integrated graphics card (Intel HD 630), it doesn't meet the minimum requirements (2,000 PassMark points and a minimum of 2 GB onboard memory). Which of the steps in the following article did you already follow?

Knowledge Base: Why is your computer using an Intel HD graphics chip instead of the dedicated graphics card?

2. With just 2,146 PassMark points, the NVIDIA MX150 graphics card is bordering on being unsuitable for running Lumion. In addition it only has 2 GB of onboard memory.

The minimum requirement is 2,000 PassMark points which is only enough for working on simple Scenes.

The next step up is 6000 Passmark points which would be enough for moderately complex Scenes.

See this article for more information:

Knowledge Base: Which graphics card do you need?

If you try to add more complex models and/or Effects, you will quickly notice that Lumion will get too slow to work with. Crashes are also possible so please make sure to save your Scenes every now and then.

3. Regarding the out-of-memory error, the model you're importing is too complex for the amount of available System Memory, so you need to close other applications to free up System Memory. In addition, it's possible to increase the amount of socalled Virtual Memory (swap space on the harddrive). Please follow the instructions below to see if that helps:

Knowledge Base: How do you change the amount of Virtual Memory in Windows?

Thanks in advance.

Lloyd Harden

« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2018, 12:16:53 pm »
December 21, 2018, 12:16:53 pm
Ok thanks fore this however it just allowed me to open the 100,000kb file. I will strip back a lot of the interior detail and see if that helps.

Thanks

Lloyd

« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2018, 12:18:39 pm »
December 21, 2018, 12:18:39 pm
Thanks for the update.

I'd also recommend following the other instructions when you get a chance.

Let us know how you get on.