Author Topic: [Answered] VR and Lumion  (Read 91 times)

audreymanda

[Answered] VR and Lumion
« on: December 20, 2018, 09:55:32 pm »
December 20, 2018, 09:55:32 pm
First time user here so not sure where to post this. I work for a residential drafting company and we're beginning to offer VR walkthroughs for our clients. So far we've been successful with some programs but we're looking to make our models look better and fine tune our process. We ultimately want to use Lumion. I've read through some threads and it says that Lumion is compatible with the OculusGo using the panorama views. I have a few questions.. does anyone know if it is compatible with the HTV Vive? Or if I could use an exported file from Lumion in IrisVR/Prospect/SymmetryAlpha? Or if I can export an FBX file with Lumion, I only see one export option for Lumion (I have the 7.5 Trial version). I do have a ton of questions to follow up, any thoughts or comments will be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!

Re: VR and Lumion
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2018, 10:10:31 pm »
December 20, 2018, 10:10:31 pm
Welcome, Audrey - thanks for your interest in Lumion.

I've read through some threads and it says that Lumion is compatible with the OculusGo using the panorama views. I have a few questions.. does anyone know if it is compatible with the HTV Vive? Or if I could use an exported file from Lumion in IrisVR/Prospect/SymmetryAlpha?

What I would recommend is to render panoramas using the 'Generic Device' output type in Lumion and then use a third party app for displaying the panoramas on the VR headset of your choice.

3DVista's Virtual Tour Suite is an excellent option that several of our customers have used in the past. It lets you create very advanced panorama 'tours' with 'hot zones' (waypoints), buttons, sound effects, pop-up text and many other interactive options. 3DVista panorama projects can be viewed on many different devices and VR headsets.

External Link: 3DVista Virtual Tour Suite

Other options are listed in the following topic (license registration is required, so you need to register your License Key at the bottom of your Profile page):

Support Center topic: Panoramic, 360 and VR Editing Tools and Players-Viewers

Hope this helps.

Or if I can export an FBX file with Lumion, I only see one export option for Lumion (I have the 7.5 Trial version).

No, it's not possible to export 3D models from Lumion.

I do have a ton of questions to follow up, any thoughts or comments will be greatly appreciated!

No problem, keep them coming. :)

By the way, we also offer a Lumion 9.0 Pro Trial version which is available from your local reseller. This version is valid for 7 days from the date of issue and works just like the full commercial version.

For your reference, here's the information about the two Trial versions:

Knowledge Base article: Is there a Trial version of Lumion?
IMPORTANT: Please do not send private messages and emails to members of staff - unless we specifically ask you to send us sensitive information, for example License Keys.

audreymanda

Re: [Answered] VR and Lumion
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2018, 10:35:09 pm »
December 20, 2018, 10:35:09 pm
Thank you so much! That was very helpful! We're looking for more of a real time VR import. Do you by any chance know if Lumion has plans to export 3D models in the near future?

Re: [Answered] VR and Lumion
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2018, 11:02:24 pm »
December 20, 2018, 11:02:24 pm
Sorry but the developers do not comment on what may or may not be implemented in future updates, so I can't answer that question. :)
IMPORTANT: Please do not send private messages and emails to members of staff - unless we specifically ask you to send us sensitive information, for example License Keys.